Bricks & Banners
Honoring Military Service
Our community has a long-standing tradition of honoring those who serve. The Battle Ground Veterans Memorial, located in Kiwanis Park, was fully funded and constructed by community donations.
The Bricks & Banners program provides two distinct opportunities for you to honor and recognize those who serve.
Personalized, commemorative bricks may be purchased for placement at the Battle Ground Veterans Memorial to honor any U.S. veteran. Each brick displays the veteran's name, branch of service, and dates of service. It is a meaningful and lasting way to honor the military service of a loved one or friend.
Bricks are engraved and installed on an annual basis in time for Memorial Day. Orders must be received by March 1st to meet that year’s installation.
To Purchase a Brick
The cost of a personalized brick is $250. Place your order online through the Parks Foundation of Clark County, or you may use the brick order form and mail it to the Parks Foundation as noted on the form.
Proceeds from brick sales support the ongoing maintenance of the Battle Ground Veterans Memorial. Thank you.
Main Street Military Banners
The Military Banner program was initiated by City Council as a way to honor and recognize those who have served, currently serve, and are committed to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. Banners featuring individual honorees will be displayed along Battle Ground's Main Street.
Honoree Qualifications & Requirements
- Incoming Military
- Provide proof of commitment: Form-4 or a letter from ROTC indicating your commitment and status (delayed entry, delayed training, ROTC)
- Active Duty
- Provide copy of Military ID for confirmation of active duty status
- Provide a copy of DD214 or Military ID card (retired status).
Full color, double-sided 30" x 84" custom banners include an image of the honoree, their name, military branch, rank (or status), and dates of service (or date of entry into service).
Photos submitted for veteran and active-duty status honorees are required to be an official military portrait. Images of incoming-military honorees should be an image of the honoree void of other people or objects, and professional in nature.
Banners are installed along Battle Ground's Main Street on light poles during the month of May (Military Appreciation Month) through the 3rd week of June the initial year of purchase. At the conclusion of the display period, banners are returned to the purchaser. (Please note that banners not claimed by June 30 will be disposed of.)
Subsequent Year Display - Requirements & Restrictions
Purchasers may request that their banner be re-installed during subsequent years' display periods, with the following requirements and restrictions:
- Requestor must pay the cost of re-installation and removal (not to exceed $50).
- Requests must be made by April 1 of the display year.
- Military ID for proof of active duty status must be received for Active Duty honorees.
- Banners for Incoming Military honorees will only be installed the year of commitment and will not be reinstalled.
To Purchase a Banner
- The cost of each customized banner is $150.00 and includes installation and removal costs for the initial year's display period.
- A re-installation fee (actual cost at the time, but will not exceed $50) will be assessed each subsequent year the banner is displayed.
- Banners are produced annually in March. Orders are accepted throughout the year, but must be received no later than March 1 for the banner to be installed for that year's display period.
- Please note that we must receive a minimum order of 5 banners per year for production. If the minimum order is not met you will be notified and a full refund will be issued.
- Submit the Military Banner application/order form and make payment via the link noted on the form.
We are happy to assist you. Please contact our Parks & Recreation staff at 360-342-5380 or by email.