The 37th Annual Halloween Fun Fest is scheduled for Wednesday, October 31 from 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Battle Ground’s Main Street, east of SR 503, will be alive with little superheroes, princesses, pirates and a myriad of other costumed kids as they trick-or-treat down Main Street at participating businesses.
Motorists traveling on Main Street between SR 503 and Fairgrounds Avenue during the event should expect delays and are asked to remain cautious and patient as hundreds of children and families trick-or-treat along Main Street.
Thanks to a Target Zero grant, Battle Ground Police Officers will be on site during the event to talk with kids and kids-at-heart about pedestrian safety. Because being visible to vehicles when walking at night is so important, officers will be offering glow stick bracelets and the following pedestrian safety tips to young trick-or-treaters:
• Always look left, then right, then left again before you begin crossing the roadway
• Cross at intersections and stay within crosswalk lines, if available
• Make eye contact with each vehicle driver to make sure they are looking at you
• Watch out for vehicles backing up in parking lots and driveways
• When walking at night, wear reflective clothing or carry a flashlight so you can be seen by drivers
Halloween Fun Fest features the Battle Ground Chamber of Commerce’s Trick-or-Treat Street event and the City of Battle Ground’s Fright Night – a free family-friendly event at the Battle Ground Community Center with numerous games, activities, prizes and candy! For more information, visit our Halloween Fun Fest spotlight story.