Obtaining a City of Battle Ground business license is a 3-step process:
Step 1 - Application:
- Apply online and pay associated fees via credit or debit card or electronic check from your bank account.
- You can contact either BLS at:
- Or you can contact the Vancouver Department of Revenue at:
8008 NE Fourth Plain Blvd #320
Vancouver, WA 98662
Step 2 - City review and license activation:
- Upon successful completion of an application and associated payment, BLS will notify the City that the application information is available for review with respect to City regulations.
- Unless issues arise during the review, the City will typically activate a license within a week of BLS notification. (If issues arise, the applicant will be contacted).
Step 3 - Issuance of business license:
- Upon the City’s activation of a business license, BLS will mail to the business a Washington State Business license that has the applicable category of city license printed within the "City Endorsement" section of the state license, along with an expiration date.
- There are three possible categories of city license issued for Battle Ground, see descriptions below.
- Battle Ground Business - Applies to a for-profit business.
- Battle Ground Home Occupation - Applies to a for-profit business that is located in the city at residential-zoned property.
- Battle Ground Nonprofit Business - Applies to business that is qualified for one or more of the nonprofit exemption criteria.
Note: A business’s state-issued Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number is used to reference its city business license account.