Home occupation licenses are required for businesses that are operating from a residence. This includes businesses that conduct office activity at home and provide services off site at the client’s property, i.e. contractors. File a Business License Application online through the Washington State Department of Revenue.

If there are any questions give the Vancouver DOR office a call, they are very helpful.
Vancouver Department of Revenue
8008 NE Fourth Plain Blvd #320, Vancouver, WA 98662
(360) 256-2060

If you are selling any kind of food items, please contact the Washington Department of Health for requirements and licensing. 
Phone number: 360-236-4700
Email address:

If you are a renter, you will also need to seek the approval of the homeowner or management company to conduct your business.

Show All Answers

1. Can I hire nonresident employees?
2. Can I add a separate side entrance to my home?
3. Does Battle Ground have a limit on the number of visitors to my business?
4. How large can my home occupation space be?
5. Licensing